Monday, December 22, 2008

prayer without words

Something woke me up at 3:45 the other morning. I adjusted my pillow trying not to disturb the cat snuggled against my hip. I sure didn't want to enter the world outside of the down comforter.

So I my mind took over...thinking, which can lead to worry which leads to obsessing...toss and turn...meow!

So I settled in a little deeper and questioned what it was that brought me to this untimely conciousness. That is when I heard the still small voice, "Pray". It was a compelling urge...do it, do it now! "For who, for what"?, I asked.

CS Lewis said that "prayer without words is best". And that is pretty much how it went for what seemed like hours. As people and circumstance came to mind I held them up, not knowing their need. This deep rhythm developed within me.

It was so simple and freeing and I was glad to be the one asked. If you are reading this it is because you know about my blog. If you know about this blog then you probably know me and I know you. I prayed for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will you PLEASE write a book for crying out loud! You write so elequently.

I'm glad you prayed for me, I can always use a prayer. It brought tears to my eyes when I read this post.

E'beth