Friday, January 30, 2009

great blue heron on a sunny morning

On my, I haven't posted anything since the 3rd. Some might think I went into hibernation which any sane person would do on such cold days. I have been neither asleep in a den nor have I stopped eating.

I won't bore you with the mundane minutia of my weeks. They have been full, some joys, a few disappointments, a couple frustrations. But today the sun appeared and all was right with the world.

I am even walking again! I went out this morning bundled up in five layers of sweaters and coats. For a change the fog and clouds had dissipated and I was hoping to see an eagle fly overhead. They always inspire me.

I sighted a blue heron instead...long legs and neck, impressive wingspan. It passed over with grace. I just read that they eat fish, frogs and crab, but will seek a field and dine on mice in the winter. What inspiration can I take from that heron?

Be flexible enough to go to the food source? Be myself? Use what I have with grace?

No comments: