Friday, July 17, 2009

less grumpy, please

I feel like I need to redeem myself after my last post. What a grump!

I allowed myself to rant. I, like so many, can lash out at the world when life gets hard. For me it was lack of sleep and fatigue. And life hasn't been that hard! I lose patience on a dime...sorry. I am humbled by my humanity.

Where is my ability to see the sacred in everday things? Now that I think about it, what is ordinary about "bombs bursting in air". Where is the sacred? Oops there I go again.

You know what I did notice last week?
The bluest of skies. A crow flying overhead with food in his beak. Kids laughing as they swam laps. A chocolate lab rolling on his back in the grass, grinning from ear to ear. Home. These are the everyday sacred. I am grateful to have been able to see. My grumpiness scale went down several notches.

So today I feel restored...I am me again. Once more I move on looking toward the mystery of my life.

No comments: