Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hello 2010

It is a relief to finally get to the second week in January. I don't have to think about whether or not I need to make a resolution that would transform me if I commit to it. (for your information, I did not resolve to do anything profound). The media has fulfilled their obligation of reminding us of past events...the year in review and the decade's disasters; the best and the worst top 20.

Now I can breathe a little and get back to the dailiness of life. As the Beatles sang, "obla dee obla dah, life goes on".

Hello, New Year, you are assigned the number 2010 to your turn around the sun. As you take your trip, will you please bring us good news and miracles? Ease the pain and erase the fear that are the constant companions of so many that inhabit this planet.

History tells us how bad it can get. Events confound and astound us. Yet we are made of tough stuff, history tells us that, too. Take hope.

No comments: