Things I learned to add to my personal crow knowledge:
- They mate for life.
- They share in the building of their nest and care for their young together, sometimes they have a helper
- If a fledgling falls from the nest they feed it until it can fly
- They hold a grudge if you harm one of their own
- They recognize faces of humans
- When a crow from their community dies they gather silently and keep vigil for a time...the funeral of simplistic honor.
Crows are everywhere.
Their intelligence lends to the stories and lore.
Everyone has a crow story, you either love them or hate them.
We should all respect the crows ability to survive change.
And be grateful, crows peck away at roadkill before the smell and maggots of death have a chance to set in.