- Don't compare yourself to others, but do compare yourself to your former self.
- Spend the present when you are strong storing away for the future when you will be weak.
Maintain your health, it is your greatest asset.
- Enjoy today because someday it will belong to the good old days
- Dress for the body you have, not the body you wish you had.
- Do not wait for retirement to take all of your vacations.
- Be present. People can't follow when you retreat within yourself.
- Value experience. You can lose stuff, but nobody can take away memories.
- Never expect more from others than you expect from yourself.
- Don't let yourself get too comfortable. If you aren't stretching, you aren't growing. If you aren't growing, you're dying.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Gretchen Rubin of Happiness Project fame http://www.happiness-project.com/ has these suggested "personal commandments:\