Sunday, January 23, 2011

worry or pray

I can't remember where I read this. " You can either pray or worry. You can't do both---worry maintains your wish to control; prayer surrenders control and trusts in your God."

I admit it! I want to control something, someone somewhere. But it is not to be. And I admit to tossing and turning at night, thoughts compete as in a relay race, passing the baton from one to the next. As I lay my head on the pillow and turn out the light I start to pray...and then I give God advice on the best way to answer that prayer.

Albert Einstein said "...the most appropriate response to life is "sacred awe'." He is so right. Just now I let the word awe spin around in my brain and my body started to relax. I am going to focus on that three letter word today and tonight. Thank you AE.

No comments: