Thursday, May 3, 2012

I celebrate spring. No more snowflakes on the weatherman's forecast. I was buoyed by my favorite spring site...native dogwood trees in bloom.

And now the green maker aka rain. I can tolerate it for a few days, then start to fear that la Nina will stay.

I have encountered an unusual number of people needing prayer these last few weeks. And so I pray. I ask on their behalf. Only God has it all together and I learned long ago that I may think I have the answers and I am wrong.

Thankfully there are prayer examples given to us for those times when we don't know what to pray for. The Lord's Prayer, Psalm 23 from David, Esther, Solomon. My favorite prayer for those times I don't have the words, "help! thank you".

May the wounds old and new heal. That our children will be well. Prosperity and wisdom. Compassion and justice. Rest and blessings.


No comments: