Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Slow down and eat!

In my previous post today I quoted Marc David in "The Slow Down Diet". I picked the book up a the library. In my life long search for the definitive answer on how to lose pounds, I thought this man's point of view might be my answer. Besides it didn't have a menu or tell me to eat cabbage soup every day while I stand on my head. To my dismay I floundered miserably at his suggestions. It is a lot harder than it looks! 


Week 1 take time for meals and breathe while you eat. 
Week 2 elevate the quality of food...fresh, organic, true flavor, real 
Week 3 be aware of what you are eating, notice it, see, it, touch and taste it. 
Week 4 when you eat is as important as what you eat, plan regular meals 
Week 5 identify the pleasurable foods you eat, 85-100% should be enjoyed 
Week 6 go inside and identify your feelings and thoughts 
Week 7 Who is this eating? What is your story? 
Week 8 see yourself in a higher light, let grace in 

 After the first day I was late for work and had to gobble my toast as I manuvered through traffic. Just because I know something doesn't mean I can easily live it. But my desire is strong and I know it is a worthy pursuit.

No comments: