Saturday, January 5, 2008

Albert's realization

I recently read a comment written by Rhena Schweitzer Miller, daughter of Albert.

" I grew up under the principle of Reverence for Life, which included life in all forms. I was taught to pick up the drying-out worm on the path and put it back in the grass, not killing any bugs if not absolutely necessary, not to pick flowers. Later I saw my father's realization of Reverence for Life in the African forest. It was a place where people of all colors and creeds and nationalities could live together and live in harmony with the domestic and wild animals, where trees and plants were respected, where a life was taken only when it was unavoidable. I lived ...under the spell of the world my father had created...feeling my belonging to the human family, in its diversity and its similarity."