Sunday, March 29, 2009

how we spend our days


"How we spend our days, of course, is how we spend our lives." Annie Dillard

I digest those words and immediately feel guilt. I'm not sure I live the life I value; so many of my days are spent just getting through. I wrestle with the inner woman. She wears a large red S on her purple spandex suit....which fits like a glove, by the way, and shows off her svelte lines.

And the thing about life is, it is so daily. I know all too well that how I account for my life will be a culmination of how I account for my days . It is in the small things, the details that add up to the whole.

I value truth and integrity. I do my best to do what I said I would do when I said I would do it. That woman in the purple does so much of what I envision I could do with time, energy and money. The outer one is the real deal, just me moving through the hours.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, again you just blow me away with your profound thinking and excellent writing.

Ditto on all that you expressed so elequently. That's about as profound as I can get.

E'beth